Wednesday, December 15, 2021

I just washed the dishes

 Well, big deal you say. she just washed the dishes. in my house, it is a big deal.  I let it go too long, again. So it takes a while to get it ready for the dishwasher. oh, she has a dishwasher, you say. so what's the big deal?

well, I live in a apartment, a rental. And my guess is, the dishwasher isn't the best.  So I feel the need to get rid of any food and grime and any foreign particle that is on the dishes. Because I am concerned, if I leave it on, it will clog the dishwasher.

And guess what I found on the bottom of the dish washer. Well, items that must have fallen down. I retrieved two knives, a wooden spoon and a large plastic spoon, one that comes with a large plastic fork, to scoop up salad. well, much to my surprise and dismay, the wooden spoon was slightly burnt and the plastic spoon had slightly melted. I think they were there, on the dishwasher bottom, when I did the last set of dishes in the washer. I think they burned because they touched one of the bottom pipes. The dishwasher doesn't seem any worse for wear, but the idea of how the heat must have effected these items doesnt make me happy.

Anyway, the actual reason I decided to write today was to talk about some of the music I listen to when I do the dishes, ok get the dishes ready for the dishwasher. One of my favorites is Leader Of the Band, by Dan Fogelberg. For some reason, it didn't get to me as it usually does. I am usually blubbering throughout the song. Not today. I did get choked up, when he says, "I thank you for my freedom, when it came my time to go." That really gets me. I think about the father feeling his son is on his own now, no longer needs him the same way, will not be living with him any more. sigh. It is such a lovely song, such a wonderful tribute. I read that  Fogelberg's dad really appreciated the song, not surprisingly. 

Fogelberg, himself, was real cute, don't you think? Sad that he died so young. Here, enjoy. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsocZrEcp0Y 


No comments:

Post a Comment