Tuesday, November 1, 2011

SAY IT ISN'T SO, KIM

I can’t believe it. I really can’t. Kim Kardashian, after 2 months, after that very, very costly wedding, after two months, (ok ten weeks, but it felt like two months) is getting a divorce.  I guess everyone but I seemed to know it was a marriage for money only.  What kind of crap is this?  I mean really.  She didn’t have enough money that she had to pretend to care for someone, and then marry that someone, just to increase her ratings?

Now I am the ultimate cynic, I really am.  I question everything.  I doubt everyone.  Yet I didn’t see this coming.  Admittedly, I am not a Kardashian fan.   Never have been.  I did like it that Kim made her butt bigger. (I thought it was nice that someone liked herself with a big bottom. I mean, how often does that happen.  And my having a big butt had nothing to do with it.)

But I don’t watch reality shows as a rule.  I did kind of get into big brother during its first or second year, years ago.  (And when I say kind of, I mean I watched no more than three episodes.)  And I did feel a twitter of excitement when I recently learned that the darn show was still on.  But I did not go looking for it.  (If I recall correctly, and I could be ever so wrong, it’s on CBS, right?) 

When I was a kid, I did watch what I see as perhaps the very first reality show:  queen for a day.  Now who remembers that show?  Now I was a kid back then, and would watch it with my grandmother.  And for those of you who are unfamiliar with the show, I think three woman would come on the show, tell their sad stories, and one of them would be anointed queen for a day.  I believe she would win prizes.  I can’t recall what else. I’m unsure if the prizes corresponded to their sad stories.  And I can’t recall how it was determined who would be queen.  I do remember being brought to tears, and I was quite young then.

But I digress.

Even though I wasn’t a fan of Kim's, even though didn’t watch the show, even though I couldn’t have cared less whether she married or not, I feel like a sucker.  I really do. I belie v I’m one of the few who supported her having a big wedding. I thought, how is it anyone’s business how much money she spends on her wedding.  Yes, I understood many others were (and are) suffering economically.  But how would her having a small wedding garner any more money for them.  Actually, with a big wedding, Kim put money (lots of money) in many people’s pockets, thereby encouraging (a small part, I realize) growth of the economy.   I was taken in.

Ok, this was my first post of November. I really hope I can keep it up. Wish me good luck.  And see you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment